Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3 (a little late...)

Yesterday my friend Ryanne, her boyfriend Novel and I decided to go on an adventure to the Virginia Beach Aquarium. They had a lot of fun exhibits and an abundance of animals to look at! We had a really fun time acting like kids running around taking pictures of the animals! Any day that involves me seeing SEA TURTLES is an amazing day in my book!! :o] Here are some pictures! 

They had adorable Harbor Seals outside of the Aquarium entrance!

Of course had to get a pressed penny made!

Preeeeettttty fishes 

More fish

Creepy looking frogs!!

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURTLES!!

Baby turtles!! Soooooo adorable took a lot of restraint to not steal one!!!

Colorful jellyfish - - dad remind you of a little stinging in Hawaii??

Lionfish

Look at the heart on its underside! I am easily amused!

So many sharks!

Of course had to go back to the Sea Turtles before we left!

Novel touching the rays!

They are so cool to watch swim around! I remember feeding them in Arizona weirdest feeling ever to have them suck the food out of your fingers!!!

Pretty long fishtank along the hallway!

Horseshoe crabs -- they are really prehistoric looking! In one of the other tanks one even flipped over we felt so bad just watching it struggle to flip back over but it said DO NOT REACH IN THE TANK so we didn't...but hopefully it did flip back over!!

Cool mirrored hallway you walk out when you are exiting!

There was a second building where there were some other exhibits including the river otters! UNFORTUNATELY they were sleeping the whole time we were there so we didn't get to see them swimming around and playing in the water! :o[

Mom...what kind of duck is this??? I like its bill!!

For the BIRDLADY <3

Weird fish that walks around!

Pretty seahorsies! 

There were so many frogs in this tank we were trying to find them all but I'm pretty sure we lost count quickly!

Ryanne being a loner in the canoe next to the Native American exhibit

And this is how we knew it was time to head out!

After we left the aquarium we went around Virginia Beach doing random errands and what not and then headed back to Ryanne's house to relax for a little bit. For dinner I got the opportunity to meet some of my mother's family members that live about an hour away from Virginia Beach. I absolutely enjoyed meeting Stephen and Eileen Wood and hearing various stories about their family as well as telling them a little about our family. Thank you again for taking me out to dinner! Hopefully next time they are out on the West Coast they will have the chance to meet up with us and get to know the rest of the family.

Stephen and I

Eileen and myself

Eileen and Stephen Wood

Late post today but I will come back tonight to post about my last day in Virginia Beach before heading down to Atlanta! 

3 comments:

  1. Great finally meeting you too. It's hard when cousins are on the other side of the continent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos Kelsey!

    My helpful hint for long driving days: Stop for a real meal of mostly protein. A Chinese Restuarant meal of Chicken, Beef, Pork without MSG that I had in Patterson CA (near the highway) on a day I drove From Coronado CA to Ashland OR in 2008! I felt so awake after the meal! I listened to some books on tape & that helped too.
    Cousin Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics Kels! Miss you and I'm excited to have you home soon!!! Looks like the adventure of a lifetime soak it all in! Call me when you get chance! Love you!

    ReplyDelete