Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Updates to Day 10

Sorry that it has been so long since I updated my blog but I haven't had the time/internet connection.

So to start off I will talk a little more about my drive from Virginia Beach to Atlanta. It started off with a terrifying situation that I woud be okay with never having repeated. Most people that know me know that Joy Ride is one of the most terrifying movies in my book. As I was preparing for my trip I would try to think about Joy Ride as LITTLE as possible to avoid freaking myself out.  I was driving along minding my business jamming out to music I am sure when I noticed a truck driver behind me flashing his lights at me. I thought it was just the glare or bumps in the road or something making it appear that his lights were flashing when they really weren't so I tried to ignore it. Then he proceeded to get in the lane next to mine and catch up to my speed and just stayed next to me while rolling down his window and yelling and waving erradically at me. At this point I was getting very uncomfortable about this guy so I started to speed up even more. He stayed RIGHT with me!!! Finally he would back down and I would breathe easy again until I would notice him right on my tail again honking and waving me over. Initially I thought that there could be something wrong with my car but after looking at my tires in my side mirrors I ruled that out. Finally after around 60 miles he finally got off the highway allowing me to breathe easy again!!! After speaking with my father and brother I know that I should have called the police and let them know that I was being harassed but at least i was fortunate enough for nothing bad coming from the situation.

I posted about my trip to Atlanta so here are a few more pictures.

GROSSSSSSS weather for like 7 out of the 9 hour drive

Banana Split with Cornelius...FOR BREAKFAST!!!! 

Vincent!! 

Then it was off to Huntsville, Alabama to spend time with Rafael and his family and friends. We hung out the first night with one of his cousins and hsi girlfriend and just had a nice relaxing evening of watching movies and talking. Then the next day we went and ran some errands, made rice crispy treats just like back in the day and went to watch the Superbowl with his family. GO PACKERS!!!! It was fun to just relax around good people and reminisce about the old times. Its crazy the stories that you forget about until you are with someone involved!! My camera was  on a hiatus and decided it wanted to stay in my car during my time in Alabama.

Pretty blue skies

I thought the lighting was really pretty and I am sure I was bored...

I left EARLY monday morning to head to Dallas! It was an 11 1/2 hour drive filled with um....driving....stopping to get gas...singing....dancing and so on!! Definately was a VERY long trip but I wasn't as tired at the end of it as I imagined I would be.

Sign failure????

Pretty clouds

Bubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbles!!!

Dallllllas

and Dallas TRAFFFFFIC!!! Ewwwwww...

Dick and Catherine treated me to a fabulous dinner at a local restuarant and then headed back to the house for an evening filled with the Bachelor (GOOOOO CHANTEL OBRIEN!) and Glee!! Then it was to bed I went and slept in the most comfortable bed ever! Definately made me want to save up for a really nice comfortable mattress!!!

Unfortunately the next morning I woke up with a horrible headache, cough, sore throat, and body aches!! :o[ I was not a happy girl!! Because San Antonio is only about 4 hours from Dallas I didn't think I would have that much of an issue getting there...boy was I wrong!!

First I had to stop at a Sprint store because my phone was having issues and decided that it no longer wanted to charge for me!! Being a single female on the road for long distances...not having a phone charging was NOT an option for me!! So I headed to the closest Sprint service/repair center and was told after waiting for a technician to look at it that "yep, I needed a new phone." So then the Sprint rep proceeded to tell me that because the phone is on back-order they could order me a new one and I could get it in a few weeks...welllll um....YAH that wasn't going to work for me!! So he told me that I could go try a corporate store and they might have more on stock. He gave me an address and off I went! I walked in and was told that it would be 25-30 min before I was able to see a rep and then and 1 hour-1 1/2 hours before the technicians would be done working on my phone. I ended up meeting someone while waiting to be called from the area who also had the HTC Evo and we exchanged questions and comments that we had about the phone while waiting for assistance. My name was finally called and he went to test my phone and agreed that yes it wasnt charging and so he sent it back to the technicians for them to look it over. After an hour the technican came out and said that it is charging just fine on his charger and that nothing is wrong with the phone as far as he can see...um...NO! So after explaining myself again he decided to take it back into the back and actually take apart the phone like I thought we was doing from the beginning! After another 30-45 minutes he came back out and said that while it was charging on his charger it wasnt charging on like 10 other chargers so he was giving me a new phone...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Glad that it all worked out just unfortunate that it happened to take 3 hours while I was feeling miserable. The fact that I lost all my levels and 3 stars on Angry Birds it quite upsetting but I am trying to look past that! :o]

So then I was finally ready to start my drive to my utter dismay it was the beginning of Dallas rush hour so it took me about 45min-1hour to get out of urban Dallas and away from the traffic. As my drive continued my illness got worse and WORSE and eventually led me to have to pull over to be sick and take a 45 minute nap to regain some semblance of composure to make the rest of the trip. I arrived at my family's house just before 10:00 pm to warm hugs and more medicine and a bed. After saying hello and a call to my parents to let them know I arrived safe and sound I went straight to sleep and slept for almost 12 hours. I woke up this morning still sick but definately better than how I was yesterday. I took a shower, unpacked some of my car, did some laundry and just relaxed while waiting for the kids to get home. Now that they are home we are just hanging out watching NCIS as I attempt to recover a little more so I can enjoy the rest of my time here! Thankfully I am not driving again until Monday morning so I hopefully will be fully recovered and ready to go by then! Can't wait to feel a little better to actually be able to enjoy my time here with my cousins that I have missed so much!

Downtown Dallas!

I was absolutely MISERABLE!!!! :o[

1 comment:

  1. I can sympathize with the loss of your Angry Birds achievements. Getting chargers to work with these newer phones is tricky. I spent a couple of hours sorting through chargers to make sure we had one in each car that worked for the primary drivers phone.

    ReplyDelete