Tuesday, February 15, 2011

San Antonio Catch-up!!

So I am finally feeling like 500 times better...not completely though so that should give you an idea of how absolutely miserable I was!! On Saturday night Ashley and I took the kids out to get Coldstone when Cousin Lisa and Cousin Michael went to a poker party. The kids enjoyed themselves and got all hyped up on sugar and hung out with me at the house until bedtime.
They all love me <3 I absolutely adore them!

Trying to decide which flavor of vodka infused whipped cream to take to the party with them...that stuff is way stronger than one would think!

Ashley and Xavier

Ashley, Xavier and Victoria

Cassandra, Xavier and Victoria all eating their ice cream

The next day I was still feeling good so we ventured out to the Rodeo. It was NOTHING like I expected it to be at all. It was HUGE in the AT&T center where they Spurs play. I cant imagine having to haul all that dirt in! I was actually pretty happy to have a stuffed up nose and not be able to smell all of the delightful barn animals smells! It was a lot of fun! The clown was entertaining, the announcer was hilarious yet mean, the food was...well arena food so stomach wrenching but good at the time, and the company was fantastic! After the rodeo was over we walked around and saw all that the rodeo had to offer. We went over to the petting zoo to get some quality petting in but the line was wrapped around the building so we decided we would pet Truffles the dog when we got home in compensation. 

Get em cowboy!

Victoria was my little cuddle buddy during the rodeo. She was FREEZING and forgot her coat in the car! :o[ So Cousin Kelsey to the rescue with my amazing warmness!

LOOOOVE them!

Double team action!

MAIIIIIIIIIIN event....BUULLLLLLLLLLLLL RIIIIIDING!!!

<3

Super bright sun!

The next morning it was time to head out of Texas and onto the next destination which happened to be Las Cruces, New Mexico for the night. I was so sad to leave all my cousins! :o[ Good thing I will be seeing them again in January for the cruise!!! :o] My Valentines was spent watching tv and painting my nails relaxing and trying to continue recovering!

Started out the first hour and a half in this GROSS fog!

But it turned into this...^^^ :o]

Pretty rocks!

Oil drills a plenty!

Bored Kelsey of course!!!

Obviously super dressed up but I was wearing PINK for v-day!

Anyone have any idea what this is??? I saw like 6 of them along the way!

Pretty sky! It was a beautiful day!!!! :o]

Well I am leaving the hotel and continuing on to Phoenix...hopefully I will have a connection there to update you otherwise I will update when I am in San Diego!! 2 more weeks til I am home! 

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Kelsey. I'm glad you're feeling better. I love the look on Ashley's face in the whipped cream photo. I think those huge "things" you saw are propellers for windmill turbine things. Have a fun and safe journey home!

    --Your neighbor, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought those things you saw could be windmill turbine towers. But they could be cellphone towers or some kind of broadcast antenna for radio or spacecraft communication or perhaps for highly classified transmissions.

    ReplyDelete