Friday, February 18, 2011

New Mexico -> Arizona -> California!

So its been a couple days and LOTS more excitement! :o]

The drive from New Mexico to Phoenix was quite uneventful until I got about 45 miles outside of Phoenix. I was getting really restless and needed to move my feet. I decided to stop and get gas at one of those gas stations that also has a souvenir shop attached to it. I got gas and took a couple laps around the car, coughed a bit, got some water the normal "kelsey stop." I didn't quite want to get back in the car so I decided to clean the car up a bit. I was clearing off my passenger seat putting things I didn't need to be at arms distance in the trunk. I was almost done and was putting the last items in the trunk and was going to go back in the gas station to get a Gatorade when I realized that I had a bag I forgot on the passenger seat still. I went back to the passenger door and...it was locked...hmmm thats quite odd...so I went around the front seat and...well...um....YEP you guessed it LOCKED TOOO!!!!!! Don't worry though I was able to keep a watch on my keys sitting on the FRONT SEAT just taunting me!

Lets just say there were some choice words used that my parents probably wouldn't appreciate me repeating on here and then I decided to figure it out! I looked back and realized that my trunk was still open! Yay me! I then got the opportunity to completely empty ALL of my belongings from Boston from my trunk to be able to try to reach through to unlock my doors. Unfortunately due to my Yudu (a screen printing machine) being in the middle seat, I couldn't put the seat down enough to reach the unlock button or the handle sooooooo I was stuck...for a few minutes! And then....AHA!!! I remembered that in the bag in my backseat there was my spare key in one of the ziplock bags!! So I went back in the trunk and back to my little hole I could reach through and went to town trying to get all those baggies out looking at each one and of course NOT finding my key. I was about to give up hope on that method when I felt another bag....IT WAS THE SPARE KEY!!!!!!! :o]

The old lady in my audience cheered along with me...oh I didn't mention her??? AHAHAAHA!! So as I am completely sprawled in my trunk trying to maneuver myself in anyway possible to get further into my trunk with pretty much only my ankles hanging out of the trunk and a woman comes and knocks on the trunk. I wish I could have recorded the conversation that ensued...

Old Lady (OL): Um....dearest...what are you doing?
Me: I am looking for something in my trunk...
OL: Oh good I was worried that you were taking a nap in your trunk and I had to come over to let you know that it is just MUCH TOO HOT to sleep in your trunk.
Me: Um...yah NO im not taking a nap back here so thank you!
OL: So hunny what are you looking for?
Me: Oh I am looking for my spare key cause I locked my keys in the car
OL: Oh no you lost your keys, let me help you look
Me: No no dont worry about it I can manage
OL: Dear...your keys are on the front passenger seat...
Me: Yes mam I know...the doors are locked I am trying to get to my spare key
OL: Dear...your doors are locked what are you going to do??
Me: (At this point I am looking around like WHO is this woman?? And thinking to myself asking if I am on punked or something) Yes mam I know that too...that is why I am trying to find my spare key! Which AHA I just found but thank you for your help!
OL: No problem hunny glad I could help!! (She walked away mumbling to herself but looking very proud)

And that is the story about how I locked my keys in my car and managed to not have to call AAA! :o]


Happy girl about NOT having to wait for AAA to unlock my car! :o]

So I ended up in Phoenix safe and sound! Hung out with a friend that was in town got dinner and relaxed at his hotel which was REALLY NICE!
Went and got a pedicure at the hotel...AMAAAAAAAZING!

The Jett Jett enjoying the sun! 

Water Park at the hotel...unfortunately it wasn't opening until this next Friday!!

The next day I was able to go up to Prescott, AZ and go to lunch and visit with Liz and meet the newest man in her life, Sam. Sam is absolutely adorable and so much fun to play with...very furry too! :o]
I love Cactus <3

Downtown Prescott

Liz and Maxipad! Max is HUGE now!!

Sam hanging out in my sweater!!

Liz and Sam! Such a little sweetie!

I went back down to the Phoenix area and went to go meet up with Anthony and his roommate Smith over in Tempe right down the street from ASU. We were both hungry and decided to go get a bite to eat at a local college hangout that was on the street that he lived on. We went about 2 miles down the road to Barney's and found that we had both worked up quite an appetite. Our server pointed out the fact that the draft beers are only $0.50 per beer with the purchase of an entree or appetizer. So of course that is what we had to do! 12 beers later and a couple shots we were both good to go! :o] We had a great time talking about Bobby and Adri and the wedding and family and pretty much just anything else we could think of. When Anthony's girlfriend Christal got off work she came down and met up with us and eventually took us back home.
Anthony's school!

Some building that looked cool!

The next morning I woke up ready to go!!!! I left at around 7:00 am and was greeted by a beautiful sunrise!!
So puuuuuuurty!

I continued my way to San Diego. Since I left so early and didn't have to actually be in San Diego until like 6:00 I just took my time along the way, stopped when I wanted and explored a bit! I stopped to see the Painted Rocks, the Yuma Prison State Park, the Camel Farm, and the Yuma swap meet. I also stopped at this delicious self serve frozen yogurt place!! Yummmmmmmy!!
I love seeing cactus!

Sign explaining the petroglyphs on the rocks

Rocks!!!


Bored...being cool! The norm!!!

Bird...just for you mommy dearest!

Guardtower at the Yuma Territorial Prison

One of the cells! 6/12 per cell...CRAZY!

Hallway of cells!

Sallyport! (from the Spanish words 'salir por la puerta')

Colorado River

All of the crimes that the people that were in the Yuma Prison had committed

Oranges mmmmmm

So I went to the Camel Farm buuuuuuuuuut I didnt have any cash on me for the entrance fee so I went out to my car and scrounged around for some change to make up the $4.00 fee but by then I had seen how sad all the animals looked so I decided that if I were to go through the rest of the park it would probably just make me feel even more sad! :o[

After all those stops I was kinda just ready to get to San Diego so I just continued on knowing that I would have some time to kill once I got to Cali.
At one of the Gas Stations I was talking to the clerk and he was asking where I was from and he asked if I had bought myself anything on the trip and I said no not yet and he gave me this keychain and told me that "I better not ever forget about his warm generosity in Yuma, Arizona". I left Arizona with a smile! 
California Dunes...they really made me want a dune buggy!!! Next trip I suppose...

More wind turbines!

I thought I was getting there at 4:30 buuuuuuuuuuut because of the time difference I really ended up getting there at 3:30 and having way more time than imagined! :o] I ran some errands, got some food, logged some time into Angry Birds, and just relaxed enjoying not having to be driving for a few.

Lindsey and I spent the evening catching up about anything and everything that we could think of!! Now she just got home from an interview and that means its time for us to go to either the San Diego Zoo or Sea World!!!! :o]

No comments:

Post a Comment